Law Office of A. Stephen Rocha, Esq.
Certified Family Law Specialist
Free Telephone Consultations
Family Law Virtual Hearings
This page page provides you the technical information on how to connect to the court by video or telephone for your hearing
SET UP SOFTWARE AND APPS FOR THE HEARING
JOINING THE HEARING
Tips for Participants (Teams Video Conferencing)
Tips for Participants (Phone Teleconferencing)
COURT LINKS AND PHONE NUMBERS FOR COURT
FAMILY LAW VIRTUAL HEARINGS PROCEDURE
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the San Diego Superior Court will conduct virtual family law hearings. Participants can attend the hearing remotely by video conferencing using the free Microsoft Teams app or by telephone. These are new procedures and challenging times for everyone. With practice and patience, we will all get more proficient with these new technologies and platforms.
This page page provides you the technical information on how to connect to the court by video or telephone for your hearing.
COURT LINKS AND PHONE NUMBERS FOR COURT HEARINGS
Family Departments Teams Links and Conference Phone Numbers
SET UP SOFTWARE AND APPS FOR THE HEARING BEFOREHAND
Days prior to the hearing, download the free Teams app on your mobile device or computer. See instructions below for how to setup your device or computer with Teams to join by video conferencing.
Instructions for mobile devices like tablets and smart phones.
Instructions for personal computers running Microsoft Windows or Apple operating systems.
JOINING THE HEARING
1. From your device or computer, refer to the list of family law departments above. Click on the Teams link assigned to the department that will hear your case.
2. Join the hearing from a room with no or minimal background noise.
3. Join the hearing 30 minutes prior to the start time indicated in your hearing notice so the clerk can check you in.
Tips for participants who join the Teams meeting (video conferencing):
1. Click on the Teams link assigned to the department that will hear your case. Refer to the instructions on setting up Teams on your device or computer if you have not done so.
2. Teams will launch and show the following screen. Fill in the Enter name field with 'First Name Last Name - Party description' (for example: 'Amy Smith - Petitioner' or 'Robert Jones - Attorney for Petitioner'). Click Join Now and ensure you have muted your mic before joining as pictured.
3. All participants will wait separately in a lobby. You will see a screen indicating 'Someone in the meeting should let you in soon'. The court clerk will admit each participant into the hearing when ready to do so. Please wait patiently and do not exit the lobby if you are not immediately admitted. If you have joined the meeting early, or if the Court is delayed, the lobby may time out. If this occurs, please re-join the meeting.
4. After the clerk admits you into the meeting, you will hear and see the courtroom and other participants. The clerk may ask you to confirm your name. Please unmute your mic and enable your camera.
Tips for participants that join the meeting by phone (teleconferencing):
1. Participants can join the hearing by telephone, by dialing the conference number assigned to the department conducting the hearing, conference ID followed by #. Press * 6 to mute or unmute your phone or if your phone has a mute button you may use that instead. The Court can also mute participants who have joined the hearing by telephone.
2. Participants should not place the Court on hold, or put the phone on speakerphone, as this will decrease audio quality. If a participant is experiencing poor video quality during a hearing or cannot maintain a connection through the desktop app or web version, they can join via the teleconferencing option.
AGGRESSIVE COMPETENT DIVORCE REPRESENTATION
We help in matters involving in providing lawyer representation in San Diego regarding: Family Law Appeals, Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage), Paternity, Prenuptual Agreement and Postnuptual Agreement, Sole Physical Child Custody, Joint Physical Child Custody, Sole Legal Custody, Joint Legal Custody, and Child Visitation, Child Support, Spousal Support, Support Garnishment Orders, Support Wage Assigment Orders, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Separate Property Characterization, Community Property Division, Military Divorce, Division of Retirements including Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, Flat Fee Divorce, Flat Rate Divorce, Affordable Divorce, Low Cost Divorce, Cheap Divorce, Prepaid Divorce, Paralegal Divorce Services, and Dissolution of Domestic Partnerships.
The Law Office of A. Stephen Rocha represents clients throughout San Diego County, including: Allied Gardens, Alpine, Barrio Logan, Bankers Hill, Bay Park, Bonsail, Camp Pendleton, Carmel Valley, Carlsbad, Centre City, Chula Vista, City Heights, Clairemont, Clairemont Mesa, Coronado, Crown Point, Del Cerro, East County, El Cajon, East Elliot, East San Diego, Encanto, Escondido, Encinitas, Golden Hill, Grantville, Hillcrest, Kearny Mesa, Kensington, La Jolla, La Jolla Shores, La Mesa, La Playa, Linda Vista, Logan Heights, Loma Portal, Mira Mesa, Miramar, Miramar Ranch, Mission Beach, Mission Hills, Mission Valley, National City, Normal Heights, North Clairemont, North County, North Park, Oak Park, Ocean Beach, Oceanside, Old Town, Pacific Beach, Peninsula, Point Loma, Poway, Ramona, San Diego, Scripps Ranch, Serra Mesa, Sorrento Valley, South Bay, South Park, Talmadge, Tierrasanta, University City, University Heights, and Vista.